Wednesday, July 21, 2004

The power of the blog.......

I have mentioned to more than one of you how this blog has fundamentally changed my relationship with my Mother. BIG SHOUT OUT TO MOM, who is reading this. Everyone who is not my Mom reading this, give a round of applause to my Mom!! Anyway, because I post what is happening on this trip (as well as pictures) my Mom reads this and then I don't have to get all frustrated trying to explain things on the phone to her. You see, as must happen when you get older because it's happening to me, when I tell her things she gets names and events all mixed up and I just want to go NUTS when I try tell her stuff. Now she has it all in front of her and when I talk to her on the phone she is already briefed on the events and so our conversations are much less hostile (me being hostile) and more civilized. We can get past all the descriptive stuff and talk about what she thinks and what is going on at home. The blog has taken my conversations and relationship with Mom to a new level.

So....in these new conversations, my Mom tells me something that indicates the apocolypse is upon us. My Mother is a pretty fair dyed-in-the wool Republican. She told me this morning that she went to go see Fahrenheit 9/11, of her own accord by herself. I almost fell out of my chair.

Oh my god, after all these conversations with you all, I guess I HAVE to see Fahrenheit 9/11.

No comments: