Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Feedback

So, I got a couple emails today that are relevant to my trip and the postings on the blog. A first email came from my friend Catherine V-S (yes, that's her name) who was Michelle B's roommate at Cornell for four years. I, unfortunately, did not get a chance to see her during my New England swing and I apparently drove within 15 minutes of her home in Housatonic, MA in Western Massachusetts. My apologies to Catherine. Here's a picture of her and Joe's one year old, Leo. Leo was born within a couple weeks of Raymond B (featured in an earlier blog posting). So to give my friends children equal billing, here he is....




Leonardo S


Catherine did say there was a silver lining in my not actually visiting because she was not sure she wanted her parenting skills commented on and compared to either Michelle's or Andy's. You take the good with the bad.

________________________________________________________________________________

Here's what my friend Megan Maxwell retorted about my statement of being "hip"


"you still aren't cool.

Take it from one who has been uncool her whole life. The very idea of glorying in your uncoolness to affirm your hip status is the very epitome (pronounced ep-i-TOME) of uncoolness.

No, I've never read the DaVinci Code. Am I cool? No, I just don't read books by men. Did I get Harry Potter on the first day? Yes. Am I uncool? Probably, but it's a really good story.

You can choose to follow a crowd, whichever crowd, and define yourself as "cool". Or you can do your own thing. And then, as the immortal Crash Davis says: "people will think you're interesting."

Besides, if you suddenly got cool, we couldn't be friends anymore."

Enough said.

No comments: