Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Street Food in My Neighboorhood

On the street.....a restaurant.

It's actually three stalls that all inhabit the same portion of the sidewalk.  At this one, it's all things boiled.  Simply step up and pick whatever you want or if it's vegetables you desire, they'll cook them up for you in some hot sauce.

The next stall, is your kebabs.  Pick from octopus, beef, eggplant, broccoli, tofu.  It's all there.

Hand it to the guy behind the grill and head on over to.....

The noodle guy.





Magically, the noodles appear.  At this stand they also make dumplings.
Into the pot....

The finished product.  A note about the plastic.  I thought it was to protect me from germs, but alas, it allows the restaurant to forgo washing dishes.
The BBQ.  Tonight there was chicken, beef, octopus, squid, eggplant and beans.
Total cost, with an iced tea?  $5  And this is why I will most likely never cook in my apartment.




No comments: