Sunday, April 29, 2007

Thank God I've Been Preparing For This Moment





This morning, I got a call from my friends David C. and Thom B. in Florida asking me whether or not I had seen footage of the collapsed freeway that occurred in the the East Bay. I quickly jumped onto my computer and looked at the pictures and from the descriptions, it appeared that they weren't kidding. Then, I concluded that the collapsed freeway is the the overpass I drive over on my way to work. I have been driving on that stretch of freeway pictured above for the past decade, and well, it is no longer.

Somehow, I have was precient this year to start using my bike and BART to get to and from work. Over the past three months, I have started driving only once a week. I drive to work with my bike in the car on Monday and then bike and use BART until Thursday evening when I drive my car back across the bay to San Francisco.

Tomorrow morning will be the first weekday commute with the new traffic patterns. Usually I'm on the road and over the bridge by 7AM. I am going to leave an hour earlier tomorrow.

1 comment:

cath said...

I thought of you, of course, when I heard about this. Good luck with the commute.