Friday, April 13, 2007

Tempting Friday the 13th

The last day of Spring Break was a blank page in my calender. I had nothing planned and got it in my head to go skydiving. Yes, you read that right. It's something that I've always said I wanted to try, so I found a company called Skydivesf up in central Sonoma County. I called my colleague Gene V. and he was game to go. So we were on our way.

I will say that the experience was a total rush and the only time that I really was apprehensive was on what seemed to be the interminable flight to 13,000 feet and that moment the door of the plane opened. I jumped in tandem strapped to my guide, Torsten, who was quite a character. I gained infinite confidence when I discovered this was jump number 10,291. If he hadn't had an accident, then statistically speaking, it wasn't going to happen on this day.




















Upon landing, I was feeling a rush of adrenline unknown to me before. I had to sit on the ground for a few minutes. Gene also had a great time and got a video of his free fall, which he will give to the Physics teachers at school to use as a teaching aid. It was a glorious day.

2 comments:

cath said...

WOW!!!!!

Scuba gear package said...

Wow!! What an amazing post!! thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!