Tuesday, January 05, 2010

My Boyfriend the Lunch Camel





Trekking in the Sahara means camels carry the gear.






Our group had five camels to carry our gear, food and group items, such as the toilet tent.






Here's how you make sure that the camels don't get away at night.










Each day, one camel, the lunch camel, would follow us hikers whereas the other four went directly to that night's camp. Here's the lunch camel, up close and personal.






Camel's are pretty feisty creatures, they don't like to be hugged and tend to kick at people when they come near. Here I am getting near the lunch camel.






The Lunch Camel letting me ride.






Woah there!! The way camels get down into their sitting position is quite awkward.






By the end the trip, the lunch camel would take food from my hand. It got to the point where the camel guides had to inform me which plants NOT to feed the lunch camel because those plants were poisonous or made the camel sick.

No comments: