Saturday, November 14, 2009

Tuscania

It's Saturday and time for another local Viterbo adventure. I find out most of my information from my colleagues in my office. I say where should I go and I get suggestions and then off I am. This time, the town of Tuscania, a 20 minute bus ride away. As usual, it's beautiful views from scenic lookouts and religious sites. But, well, I love it anyway.





This is the view from the edge of town. It takes my breath away every time I come upon a sight like this. How can anyone ever get bored of moments like thins?






The great thing in Tuscania is that you can walk on top of about a quarter of the city wall. It's also perfectly manicured.






The church from the first picture is San Pietro. Here it is from the front.






Where there's a walled city, there are towers.






Maybe the front of this years Christmas card?






Inside Chiesa San Pietro






Chiesa San Pietro has a crypt. Notice that all the columns are different. It's as if the builders went to the scrap heap and picked out any columns they could find and stuck them here.














Another candidate for the cover of the Christmas card!

No comments: