Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Parent Conferences -- Italian Style

Last night, the host parent's of 12 of my 13 advisees came into school for a parent conference. I was asked to speak about each of the students for a minute or two and then my colleague translated into Italian for me. Most of the time my assessment of the student matched the host parent experience at home. All except for one. After I went around, the host parents just starting going on and on in Italian and I understood nothing. They just wanted to vent. The most common issue is lack of tidiness. For all you students out there reading, CLEAN YOUR ROOMS. Pick things up off the floor. Your Italian mothers are beside themselves at not being able to walk into your room and clean it up for you, or even to change your sheets!





Here are the names of the families: Ciucciarelli, Agostini, Guitarrini, Delre, Berti, Ciprini, Oliveri, Colonna, Corinti, Anselmi, Giannini, Raponi and Salino. Might I be working in Italy?

No comments: