Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Gods Smile Upon Me (Mostly) Part III

During my stay here in Missoula, I have been camping at a USFS campground about 20 miles outside of town while my friend Keith stays in a motel here in town. On my third night, I drove to the campsite and when I got there, my tent was GONE, as well as everything I had in there, my sleeping bag and duffel bag of clothing. GONE. I slept in the car that night and in the morning when I spoke to the campground host, Earl, didn't have much to say but to console me to say that sometime it happens. Miffed, I drove into town, pissed but resolved to get back on the horse and buy new equipment and get camping again. So, finding out the ONLY REI store in Montana is here in Missoula, I got a new sleeping bag and bivy sac (not a tent) I was out at site #2 at the Lolo Creek Campsite last night and slept under the stars.

Where is the good news? This morning, Earl woke me up to say that he was glad I came back because he found my bag in a dumpster and pulled it out for me. I picked it up and found that everything was there. The only thing I lost was my tent. That's it. Everything else, although a bit wet, was THERE and I had it back. And now I have TWO half lime green and gray sleeping bags. Even thieves are on my side!

No comments: