Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bull Riding

No, I didn't actually ride a bull. But, continuing my attendance at Montana fairs, I attended the Montana State Fair in Billings to watch professional bull riding. I did learn that these men have to stay on the bull for a certain amount of time before they get a score. How that score is determined, I have absolutely NO CLUE. I do have to admit that when a rider stayed on the bull more than a couple seconds there was a magical buzz that filled the arena. In addition, each bull had a completely different personality and which bull a rider drew was a significant determinant of their overall success.

The lighting in the arena was difficult to take pictures in therefore the quality of photos are pretty bad, but they convey the sense of the action.





The people of Montana are quite proud of being American's and always make comments about the men serving our country in foreign wars.





Each rodeo apparently has a clown which provides entertainment. This Michael Phelps look-a-like I found funny until he made a horrific Brokeback Mountain crack that drew silence from the crowd. Did they not understand the reference or did the crowd also not find the joke worthy of response? My bet is the latter.







No comments: