Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thank You to the Staff of American Eagle in.....

Fayetteville/Bentonville, AR. That's where my lost bag turned up. I got a call this past Monday from my branch of Bank of America to call a woman named Diane C. with an area code of 479. I know my area codes, but this one was a new one to even me. I called the woman and end up talking to a man there named Dave who says that the American Eagle at XNA (Northwest Arkansas) has had my unmarked bag for a couple weeks. They searched through my bag and found the teller receipt for a $500 withdrawal I had made at my local branch because I knew I was going to need some petty cash here in Texas and wasn't sure when my cash card would arrive. I put the cash and receipt inside my bag and that was the only piece of identification inside my bag.

The agents in Arkansas convinced their local Bank of America to contact my branch and have my branch call me to have me contact the agents in Arkansas. I did and Dave didn't feel comfortable with putting the cash back in the bag. He therefore was willing to take the cash and turn it into a money order and stuck it back in the bag. The bag was then expedited on the first flight out of Arkansas back to DFW where I picked it up the next morning. I am still amazed at the good in people and how this worked out. These wonderful people will be getting a huge gift sent from me when I return to San Francisco.

For those of you keeping track, this is the second time my camera has been lost and returned to me. The first time was last year in Panama, when I left my camera in the car of a couple that gave me a ride. They tracked me down because they called Continental Airlines because the couple and I had sat next to each other on the plane flight down. My camera is now on the third of its nine lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How could you not know that area code when you've been to BOTH Fayetteville (ok, you just drove through) and Bentonville (you even spent money there at the Wal-Mart. I think you bought a bathing suit -- I bought a banana.)