Friday, June 20, 2008

Signs That I Am Getting Old

During my week long visit to Seattle, I happened to pick a weekend that coincided with my high school graduation class' 20th year reunion. I graduated high school in 1988. It doesn't seem as if 20 years have passed, there I was. Yikes.

The more impactful event(s) that gave me a clear sign that I am advancing in years was all the discussions I had about medical problems. First off, my Mom had to have surgery on her eye because she had developed a hole in the back of her eye where the light is supposed to focus. Then, my Uncle in Texas is suffering mightily from renal failure and a multitude of other ailments. My Dad and I sat down to talk about his estate planning and then when I was out to dinner with a couple high school friends, Kristin S. and Vickie L., more than half our our conversation revolved around the medical issues facing our parents.

No comments: