Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Back to the Future, but not so much

The logicboard on the beloved G4 iBook that the school lent me died. In the post-mortem analysis that I had with the guys in the tech office gave the most probable cause for the breakdown was the bending that occurred when I would carry the laptop with one hand when the computer was in the open position. But this is only one possible cause. So after all this, the best the school could offer to loan me was the following:





One Orange G3 Clamshell ibook


I am grateful to have any computer at all. This "new" laptop has runs OSX and has all the basic features I need. Alas, it doesn't have a CD insert and only one USB port, but hell, the school was willing to lend me a computer considering I, in the past three years, have killed an iMac by trying to load OSX onto an iMac that wasn't able to handle it, had one stolen and then twice nearly killed the now dead laptop. Thank you HRS Tech Office.

No comments: