Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Seeing it through to the end

Those of you who are regular readers of the Chen blog are probably wondering whatever happened to the french doors project that I started earlier in the summer. Well, as of today, it is essentially finished. You will find some pictures below that show what the doors look like from the front/sitting room. I was unable to take pictures as to what the doors would look like from bed as I was aiming the camera into the light.













I won't go into any of the details, but the I did learn one thing about myself as well as having a long ago lesson reinforced. Starting with the latter, this project did seem overwhelming to me at first, but as we all must, I broke down the undertaking into small managable discrete tasks and lo and behold here I am. What new thing did I discover about myself? I am simply unable to hammer a nail if it isn't at eye-level height. I have a cemetery here to bent nails.

No comments: