Friday, July 01, 2005

Progress is good

First off, I have had more than a couple people comment on how tidy and clean I appear to keep my workspace. Granted, I am generally a person who keeps things organized, but in this case, there is an external factor at work. You see, the couple upstairs from me have a six month old baby daughter who needs her naps. Therefore, whenever Cora is going to nap, I get a call to stop my work. It's turned out that these enforced breaks are good. During these times, I can clean up as well as step back and think about what my next steps are going to be. In years to come, Cora can claim that her sleep was the reason why I didn't make any mistakes. So what does it look like now?





There used to be a wall in that hole


At this point, I have only a couple more edge pieces of wood to remove and then I'll fit the door in. To remove all that wood, I used a "sawsall."





The "sawsall"


I fully admit that when I got up this morning, I was a bit apprehensive about having so much power in my hands. My first cut was not a good one, but I got pretty comfortable with it by the end. Man, does it vibrate.

So, I leave the project at the halfway point as I jet off to the Midwest for a trip with my friend Peter S. We're going to see the Eisenhower, Truman and Clinton Presidential Libraries. They are located in Abilene, KS, Independence, MO and Little Rock, AR respectively. I will be blogging from the road and thereby returning the blog to its original purpose!

No comments: