Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Wall Be Gone

The major project of the summer consists of me demolishing the wall between my bedroom and the front room of my place and then installing a set of French doors. For those who know me well, manual labor is not my forte. So the thought of me hammering away at plasterboard, using an electric saw (called a "sawsall"), and then trying to level a pair of doors must be causing bursts of laughter across the United States. You readers will be treated to the continuing saga of this project throughout the summer.





The wall as seen from my bedroom






The wall as seen from the front room






These prehung(!) French doors (on their side) will be installed in place of the wall, thereby providing me a sitting room attached to my bedroom.






The status of the project as of 9AM Wednesday June 29th, 2005.

No comments: