Friday, September 17, 2004

Sometimes businesses do ASININE things

All of you are briefed on the oven saga. My part, ordered from Sears sight unseen (let's hope it is the right part), was to arrive LAST Friday, the 10th. I got a call on this past Tuesday morning from DHL, the delivery company, asking to confirm the delivery address since I have all packages sent to work in Oakland. After confirming the fact that I wanted it shipped to Oakland, they told me that they would have it to me the next day. At the end of Wednesday, I still didn't have the package. I called the number I called Tuesday and they told me that it had been shipped over to the Oakland/East Bay sorting center from the South San Francisco center (where it was sent due to my billing address) and it was out of their hands. They were nice enough to give me the Oakland center number. I called the Oakland center and they looked into the matter and confirmed the package had left South San Francisco and had not arrived yet in Oakland. They she rolls out the kicker. "Your package is probably in Fresno." I went "WHAT???" The woman then tells me that any package in the state of California that moves from one sorting center to another sorting center is sent to Fresno, where DHL's statewide sorting center is. I'm still waiting for my part and my range is still sitting in the middle of kitchen waiting to have the hot surface ignition replaced. Argh.

One a happier note. I am flying up to Seattle this weekend to attend the Seattle Chapter of the Human Rights Campaign's auction/gala. My friend Dean is one of the leaders of the chapter and so I am going to support him. It will be cool and interesting to hang with the A-List gays of Seattle.

No comments: