Saturday, June 27, 2020

FaceTime with Mom

Looking through my photos, I realized that I had a slew of screenshots that looked like this.  Even before COVID life started, I was enjoying signing on to FaceTime with Mom and seeing what part of her came on screen.  Here, on February 8th, I was enjoyed working with what she gave me and together we make one face (missing a nose).

On Feburary 13th, we started with this....

....but we eventually got a full face on the screen!


February 14, Happy Valentine's Day Mom.

This next few in late February shows that her iPad hadn't moved.

February 29th

Here on March 1st, we started with a finger blocking the camera.....


.....BINGO!  And we get big smiles from both of us.

Here we are on March 14th.....sometimes I just let it sit there and enjoy the ceiling.

Eventually we get it to work. 

March 15th!  Here at the beginning of COVID life, I was trying to FaceTime every day.  I guess she was showing me the good weather here.




Sometimes we get the neck view!

Another variation....the upside down plus finger view!

Even the half face!



Eventually, we get it figured out!

But then, the world moved to Zoom.  One day I spent about 15 minutes trying to get her to install Zoom on her iPad.  I was on the phone (landline) with her as she was on her iPad.  I think her challenge was she was mixing up the App Store with Safari.  Evenutally, we Zoomed with me holding up her on FaceTime into the Zoom.

Nowadays, Marlene has installed Zoom and so we now video in that manner and for some reason, getting her face on screen has been a non-issue.  Usually we just hang out and eat together around dinner time.


As we move into the long months of COVID, my frequency to talk or video with Mom has decreased to every few days.  But when I do, we do get her face!

No comments: