Thursday, September 12, 2013

A week in my Italian home -- Viterbo

A visit to Viterbo must include time at Anna's house.  Here's dinner with Anna, Miria and Giorgia.  Love was all around!


In town, I went to Bagalino's (of course) but it turns out that Max has sold the cafe to some Chinese-Italians.  He took a job as the regional sales person for a Viterbo based coffee company.  But he said it was too stressful, so he quit and is now just taking some time off!

Yvonne and Jadgzia are moving in with Mario.  Being the friend I am, I accompanied J to Ikea.  Of course we had Swedish Meatballs!!!

I went to the hot springs a number of times.  When I stayed with Yvonne (at her Mom's place in Vetralla) everytime I went back and forth between Vetralla and Viterbo, I would stop by the hot springs. 

My favorite part is the cold water pool.  After time in the hot springs, a dunk in the cold water is unbelievably refreshing.


Walking through the parking lot, I saw the Townsend's Opel Astra.  My life in Viterbo isn't complete without the Townsend's around.

All over town, I ran into friends.  Here's Anna M, the woman who cleaned the school!

These keys symbolize home for me in Viterbo.  The keys on the left are the keys to Yvonne's mother's apartment in Vetralla.  The gate opener on the left is the Anna's husband's (now deceased) personal gate opener.  I can just show up in Viterbo and have free access to so many homes.

Sunday afternoon is movie day with Anna.  Not sure why she's grimacing here, because it was always the highlight of her week.  We go to the multiplex (the one with comfy seats) and without a doubt, she always chooses A) Mafia themed movies or B) A movie with lots of things blowing up or C) Action movies.  No romantic comedies, EVER.  So she chose the new Wolverine movie.

Mario!!!

Alessandro!!!

Unbelievably, I didn't get a selfie with Yvonne.  But she's here in spirit!!  And the Scanlon's had taken off for the United States.  I also ran into Roberto (from my wood finishing course) at Bagolino's but no selfie there either.  Otherwise, I saw most of my friends from my Viterbo years and ate at my favorite restaurants!!!  My Italian home, no question.  I miss it immensely.

No comments: