Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Li River

Being the geologist that I am, the beauty of the karst topography of the Li River has always drawn my attention. One of the highlights of my trip was getting to see this beautiful place.













We now are going to play a guessing game. One of the great traditions of cruising the Li River from Guilin to Yangshuo (which, by the way is much overrun by Westerners,a fact that I found disturbing and unsettling but more on that later) is to look at the shapes or staining on the rock faces to find items that others might identify as well. So, I'm going to present to you four pictures and see if you can figure out what shape or image people see. Answers revealed at the end of the post.





A






B






C






D


Now for the big challenge. Shown below is the rock face of nine horses. Legend has it that if you can find the nine horses you are something special. What that special is, I couldn't figure out in my conversation with John, but well, let's just say you're cool.





Find nine horses






Moon Rock Hill












The backside of the 20RMB bill






See anything familiar?


ANSWERS: A) Horse facing left and a rider facing backwards B) Apple C) Tortoise walking uphill D) Rooster

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sorry chen, i just don't see it.