Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Stuff

Now that you have been overloaded with pictures and information about my trip, here's a motley assortment of things for your viewing.





From The Onion...The Mason-Dixon Line is renamed the IHOP-Waffle House Line


Back to our regularly scheduled programming. On Sunday afternoon, we drove down to Saratoga to hear and see the The Indigo Girls. It was a gorgeous sunny day with no humidity. We had lawn seats and so we sat in the back under a tree and lounged the day away.





The Indigo Girls, Amy and Emily


Yesterday, I took my car in because I thought that it was running a bit "lame." Back during the time I was trying to figure out how to pursue my case with Subaru, the only automotive place that would help me with my questions was Art's Automotive in Berkeley. To honor their willingness to help, I took my business there. Turns out I needed a new oil filter and I was low on transmission fluid. But otherwise, the mechanic says that I was probably much too used to the great performance a new engine gets and now that it's been driven a couple thousand miles, it's settling into it's normal state.

Since, I had to wait most of the day, I had Shahana come and pick me up. I went into school and officially closed the book on the 2004-05 year. It's now time to start up 2005-06. I couldn't get a ride back to Art's, so I, get ready for this, took AC Transit.





Not only did I take the bus, I had to TRANSFER


I've heard someone say that to have a better experience on the bus, don't think of it as trying to get somewhere. Instead, view it as performance art, and sooner rather than later, you'll be where you need to go before you know it. So true, so true.

No comments: