Friday, July 15, 2005

Just when I thought I was totally cool....

Oh, I know that I'm not cool, it's a slang term that can be used universally. So, remember yesterday's great achievement of successfully connecting the electrical wires of two lights? I got to ride that high for all of 24 hours.

Last summer, when I was on my big roadtrip, the oven stopped working. When I returned, I bought a new surface ignition and installed it myself. This required me to hook up the gas lines and such.

A couple months ago, the oven stopped working and the smell of gas would permeate the kitchen. Obviously, I stopped using it and baking things in the small toaster oven.

I had PG&E come out and see if they could help me out. This is what I received:





What an ego destroyer!


So now, not only do I not have an oven, but I have no stovetop. Joe, the PGE serviceman, told me not to try and repair this myself. It was the job of a service profession given the fact that the surface ignition I bought and inserted wasn't the one that matched this model of range. How was I supposed to know that there were different designs of surface ignitions.

I humbly accept Joe's directive and am now in the midst of trying to find an Amana approved service dealer in San Francisco. What a crush to my budding sense of home repair ability. Just kidding!

No comments: