Monday, July 20, 2015

Summer 2015 East Coast -- Smithsonian

Hey Barack, just coming by to drop off an invitation to the wedding!

It was hot in the afternoon, so we ducked into a couple of the Smithsonian museums.  The first was the Natural History Museum.  I actually wasn't that impressend given that I've actually seen many of the animals live (penguins, tigers, etc.).

Over at the American History Museum, I was expecting more actual history, but once I adjusted my expectations, I realized these artifacts explained the history.  Here's the famous Woolworth's lunch counter.  Enjoy the trip down memory lane.

There was one of these sitting in my grandparent's basement up until a few years ago.

Man, on hot days, lunches got pretty gross in these.  Plus those thermoses always carried the flavor of previous drinks AND took up most of the space in the lunchbox itself.

Word

Onions checking out Julia Child's kitchen.

I'm just checking out Julia Child!


"Why is George Washington Naked?" -- Onions  Yeah, Why?

Lincoln's top hat on the night of his assassination.

Again, word.

We made the obligatory stop into see the First Ladies exhibit and Onions exclaims, "Jackie Kennedy is so beautiful!"  Did you know she was 31 when she became First Lady? 

No comments: