Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Street Food with Ernie and Sam

In our week traveling, this might be one of the two times Sam and I sat down and ate IN a restaurant.

Most of the time it was street food.  Walk around a market and eat what looks good.


Mutton and lamb kebabs are a staple!

Who knew that some of the best bagels I've ever tasted can be found in Central Asia.  Cost of a bagel?  About 16 cents US.

Slices of fruit anytime, anyplace.  The melons here in Western China were in season and unbelievable.

I was a huge fan of the "lamb hotpocket."  I ate them by the bagful.



Sam and I craved these "crepes", which had breaded chicken, lettuce, onions, a fried egg and some special sauce.

Our traditional dining location.

This is the emotion when one finds out that the street of food you thought was open....is closed.

No comments: