Thursday, October 06, 2011

A Day in my Rome Life

Each morning I catch a bus and take it a few stops down to Piazza Trilussa and I cross over the famous Ponte Sisto bridge.

As we move deeper into the fall, sunrise over the Tevere.

Looking north.....St. Peters.

As I finishing walking across the bridge, I head right towards the "BAR"

My new bartender.....Carlo.  He makes a mean latte macchiato.
AOSR runs a bus system for students and teachers!  The Lungotevere bus picks us up at 743AM!  Our bus route, is the most subscribed (about 25-30 riders) so we get an actual luxury bus!
The high school eats lunch last....and I always come through the lunch line as one of the last people (because I don't teach after lunch, I can take my time) the mensa gives me LOTS of food, but the drawback is that sometimes I don't get the really good desserts.

I have started bringing a tupperware to take home half the food for my nightly dinner!

330PM and the school parking lot is full of school buses ready to take students home.  It's an amazing dance as you watch students look for and run for their buses.  It's also really helpful for me when I need to go after school to different parts of Rome, I usually can find a school bus that takes me near where I'm going!
And then the buses take off!
Most afternoons, I don't take the school bus home, but I stay at work to do school or go swimming at the pool five minutes from school.
The pool, although expensive per visit, it's ALWAYS wide open.
But it's the CLEAN SHOWER and GREAT HOT WATER and PRESSURE that makes it even better!!
My usual method of transportation to get home is by public bus.  I always change here at Piazza Mancini.

No comments: