Sunday, May 15, 2011

Carnac



Leaving St. Malo, we "cut off" the arm of Brittney and headed to Rennes, its capital. It was weird walking around the town (we went because of a great Saturday market!) that I had the opportunity to live in next year. I spent the time thinking, "what would it be like here" the entire time. The city had a beautiful central core with great old buildings like these, which Marlene and I debated as to whether or not there were built tilted or became this way.




People of my generation (and I'm on the tail end) when they hear "Carnac" they think of the Johnny Carson character.




But in reality, it's a prehistoric site with huge stones lined up in straight lines in fields.




Historians still haven't uncovered the reasons why inhabitants of this region would have made such an effort to move, lineup and set up these monstrous stones.












The day ended with an AMAZING platter of seafood. I'm a big fan of the "wimples" or sea snails. It was all good.

No comments: