Sunday, February 17, 2008

You would think that I could follow directions

Getting the actual funds from my insurance company for the value of the Subaru has been one comic mishap after another. Both times, they were my fault. The first time, I was required to locate the certificate of title and make sure to go online to find the instructions on where to sign and then send it in. The representative on the phone said that at least 50% of people get the signature(s) wrong. Well, I fell into that half that had to have a form sent out from the insurance company giving the company power of attorney to act on my behalf to do whatever they need to do and give me my money.

I was sent the power of attorney sheet ALONG WITH a blank copy that clearly stated "SIGN HERE (Black Ink Only)", "PRINT NAME HERE (Black Ink Only)". There were three separate boxes on the form in which I was only supposed to sign in the last two. 30 seconds later I check the form to see that I've done it correctly and OOPS, I signed the first two boxes. I don't know what I was thinking when I put whiteout over the misplaced signature, but that's what I did and sent in the form.

A couple days later, I get a call from one of the representatives saying that they are sending me another power of attorney form express mail. Yesterday, I went up to my local corner store where I know the owner and I had her make sure that I was doing it right before I signed it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: