Sunday, October 01, 2006

Well guess who showed up?

These past few weeks, I have been the beneficiary of my friend Hans' wife's illness. Because she hasn't been feeling well, I've been to a SF Fringe Festival play and last night, to the Tom Petty concert at UC-Berkeley's Greek Theater I have been in and around the Berkeley campus and must have driven right by the Greek many times, but I had no idea that it was this beautiful amphitheater in this grove of trees that I've always wondered why it hadn't been cleared for some building. Now I know why.





Oh, and what about the concert itself? Can I go on about how nice it is to be able to sit outside on a Saturday evening as the sun is going down in the Greek and watching the sunset over the Bay through the trees? It's life in California at its best. Petty was entertaining and I actually recognized about half of the songs he performed, but alas, he didn't do Wildflowers, which is a favorite of mine. Oh, and about half way through, Stevie Nicks showed up and performed along side Petty for a couple songs and for the encore. Definately very cool, and unexpected.

No comments: