Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Punt

I have to say that Kaiser Permanente has been quite impressive of late. I have registered to have my prescriptions filled online and sent to school. Ch-ching. But since I last wrote, much has happened in the hardware removal storyline.

On Monday 5/23/05, I called the Dept. of Orthopedics and left a message in two places for Dr. Gorek to either see me or to figure out how to get a referral for Dr. B to do the removal. At 2PM that afternoon, I got a message from one of the nurses saying that I should expect a call later from Dr. Gorek's assistant. The assistant's call came this morning (5/24/05) at 10:30AM stating that Dr. Tang, my PCP, be the one to deal with finding someone within Kaiser or refer me out. Dr. Gorek punted due to the fact that he's a spine surgeon, not and orthopedic surgeon.

I called Dr. Tang to relay the message to him after I called Dr. Gorek's office asking his office to send an official message to Dr. Tang. This all occurred around 3:30PM this afternoon.

At 6PM this evening, Dr. Tang calls and tells me he has referred me to see an Orthopedic Surgeon within Kaiser San Francisco and I should receive a call from them in day or so.

All this in less than 36 hours. Amazing. More posts to come in this ongoing saga.

No comments: