Saturday, April 16, 2005

Documentation

Every new teacher to Head-Royce is assigned a mentor. I was asked to be a mentor this year and my mentee is Sonia G. Because Sonia is a veteran teacher (Northwest School in Seattle), I've actually had very little to do in this role. I also served as a mentor to a long term substitute Spanish teacher last year, when Senora Galligan went on maternity leave. Every mentor is given $50 to spend on some social activity with their mentee. Last year, I pocketed the cash and then never actually used it. Oops.
This year, Sonia and I were talking about getting a pair of mani/pedi treatments with the money. However, things fell through and it never happened. In January, I made one of my grand sweeping statements about my disdain for modern art and she said shockingly in her very cool British accent, "WHHAATTTT?". The next thing I knew, I spent $85 on a dual membership to SFMOMA. Here is proof:





Chen and Gomez 4/16/05


What about the art? Umm, I looked at it.

No comments: