Monday, December 06, 2004

Final Thanksgiving Memories

Alas, I know that this posting and these pictures are a week late, but that's what happens when one's computer dies and needs to be fixed. I have lived this past week without my laptop and at first I felt naked, but I grew accustomed to not having it pretty quickly. It's back in my possession, but hmmm, it's still acting up. I hope it gets me through the next week.

Anyway, on my last day, family Chen was scheduled to the hilt, with everything planned and car trips coordinated. Until right off the bat, my Dad's Mercedes decides not to start. Apparently, the fuel injection system crapped out. Luckily, I had my AAA card with me and so got Dad towed to the dealership. He was so impressed the the AAA service, I got him a membership for Christmas. Gotta love the easy and useful present for Dad.





Mom, Marl and Dad pushing the Benz






The Benz on its way to the Mercedes dealership


After the Benz was delivered to the dealership, we all took a jaunt down to "Gingerbread Lane" to view the winning design in the gingerbread architecture.....Zimmer Gunsal Frasca's (Marlene's firm) prize winning representation of Rockefeller Center.





Rockefeller Center in Gingerbread and candies


My last day in Seattle had Marlene and I eating Pho at the #25, splitting the cable at my grandparents house, me getting a haircut (a good one too) and then hanging with Vickie as she and I drove out to Monroe to see and have dinner with Dean. A fun visit, to say the least.