Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I am an Idiot Savant

This morning, as I was rushing to get myself packed and ready to go to school, I tripped over the wire that plugged my cell phone charger into the power strip on the floor. I pulled the charger and the phone in the charger onto the floor and it went SPLAT.





A photo of my LG VX4500 phone


Now, I have dropped my phone before and everything has been fine. But for some reason, this morning, things did not go my way. I picked up the phone to see the color flip screen to be on but only have streaks of colored lines. It looked like, as I described it to the customer service person on the phone, one of the color tests you see on television.

So, I called Verizon to see what I could do. The Verizon representative pulled up my account and told me that I had been purchasing insurance for $4.99 a month since I purchased the phone in April and that I was insured for a replacement phone with only a $50 deductable. I was floored at the forsight that I must have had back in April. Typical me would have been WAY too cheap to buy insurance. But I have it and I'm going to use it.

The next call was to the insurance company and with just a minimal amount of effort and absolutely no questioning of the validity of my claim, the nice woman informed me that my new replacement phone would arrive by Federal Express tomorrow around noontime.

Never has anything like this been so easy. To boot, my hot surface ignition element arrived yesterday by DHL from it's little side trip to Missouri. Things are going way to well at the moment.....

No comments: