Friday, July 17, 2015

Summer 2015 East Coast -- New York City, Onions Style

After a smooth bus ride into NYC, Onions and I spent the evening walking along the Brooklyn Bridge and the Promenade. Here's a picture of the Manhattan Bridge with the Empire State Building in the background.




Listening to my podcasts in China, I heard about the new burger place called the Shake Shack.  We tried out the burgers (REAL MEAT, at least I think) and the shakes and concretes.  I can see why it's a popular spot.

Manhattan Twilight

New York Bagel, a first.  He liked his first bagel.

An afternoon was spent at the Met.  We toured (tried to at least) the entire first level.

That's dedication to getting the perfect shot!

Having studied Art History in Italy....I had a lot of context for the Egyptian, Greek and Renaissance art.  Egyptian here.

Temple of Dendur

Canova, my favorite sculptor.

The rear view might be even better.

Rodin's "The Burghers of Calais"



Not really a painting or modern painting fan, but I connected to this painting.
After a morning and afternoon in the Met, we spent an hour walking around Central Park.

We were lucky to catch my friend Jennifer for an hour at her house.

The view from her home on 5th Avenue

We ended the day with a twilight cruise around the tip of Manhattan.  Here's the new World Trade Center.




Onions first pretzel....he wasn't a fan.  Our final stop of the day was Chinese food in Chinatown.  Unfortunately, we were hungry and just popped into the first restaurant we found....bad call.

No comments: