Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Rothenburg ob der Tauber





Both guidebooks I carried (ok one was on the Kindle) to Germany raved about Rothenburg ob der Tauber, which is about an hour and a half by train away from Nuremburg.






Charming little town........ok, I need to realize that I've seen ENOUGH of these in Italy, who do it better in my opinion.
 



This was kind of cool. In the gardens of convent/church was an herb garden, 3 crosses? Watch out!








The city is walled on three sides, with the fourth side being the cliff along the Tauber River.






The highlight for me was actually just walking the town walls. It was pretty neat.







As one might guess, it's a trinkets and small gift lovers HEAVEN. There is a major Christmas ornament/gifts vibe here.


That combined with quiet charming town, was overall.....MEH! Sometimes you win, when you travel. Sometimes, not so much. Beautiful town, but it wasn't what I was exactly looking for that day. After a few hours, I went back to Nuremburg.

No comments: