Saturday, June 17, 2006

A tenuous connection with the outside world

I answered the phone as I was driving home from a colleagues birthday picnic. I see the wireless headset plugged into its charger, but where is my phone? Usually, it'll take me no more than 3 minutes to find it, on those rare occasions I do place it down and not conciously remember where I put it. However, this time, it's been three hours and I still can't find it. It's not in the car and it's not in the washer and dryer (that being my ultimate fear as I washed the shorts I was wearing). So where did it go? I have no way to call anyone to tell someone to call my phone so it will ring and I can locate it. So, if you read this anytime in the next day or so, call my home/only number and help me out.

____________

Thanks to those who aided in the search for my phone. I got my neighbor to call my phone and after three attempts, I found it at the foot of and next to the washer in the garage. There it was. And I was this close to going out and spending $$ to buy a new phone. How pissed would I have been?

No comments: