Wednesday, July 14, 2004

More Car Drama......

Tuesday July 13th, 2004 was our second day working on our Morris Spindle chairs. Around 4:30PM, all eight of us are in the shop working away when the lights start to flicker and the natural light coming through the windows dim and then cease.

KABOOM!!!!!!!!

A huge storm hits the area and winds in excess of 60-70 miles start swirling all around and then the power goes out. Here is the story in the Indianapolis Star. All we could do was stand around and wait out the storm. I walk to the front of the shop and this is what I see:





A fallen sycamore tree in the parking lot






Isn't that MY car parked where the tree has fallen


I rushed out into the rain to check on the car. It was my car.





Upon closer inspection, IT IS my car (I'm smiling for a reason)


Here is the entire sum damage to the car:













I was lucky in two ways. First, the tree didn't fall (or I wasn't parked) a couple of feet to the right of where I was parked. Secondly, another tree "caught" the fallen tree in it's "crotch" preventing it from falling completely to the ground and perhaps causing my car more damage.





Lucky Break #2


The last comment I want to make if about how different people reacted to my car getting hit. Most people had a "glass is half empty" kind of attitude, in that they were telling my how unfortunate I was to have my car get damaged. I was in other camp, laughing and feeling lucky for not having more damage to the car. One thing to remember, I picked the car up in South Bend with it's new engine the day before this happened.

I continue to live the charmed life!

No comments: