Friday, July 30, 2004

The loft

Now that I have my camera back, here's some pictures of where I am staying





I sleep in the bed that is in the upper part of the picture and there is another room behind the orange wall.






The dining area, with an amazing table. The chairs are by a Japanese designer and these same chairs are on display at the Art Institute of Chicago.






The kitchen area






A view of the Sears Tower from where I sit as I type to you right now.


So, my idealized romantic experience with Chicago is starting the fade. The weather is warming up and the humidity is starting to rise. And most telling, I am starting to get snarled in traffic (specifically the Kennedy, Edens and Eisenhower expressways). Ahh, the pains of Chicago living are bringing me back reality.

No comments: