Sunday, October 12, 2014

Art and Friends

Lazy Saturday, Onions has to work and I get a text from my friend Milan (from Serbia) who is now working for an art dealer and he got me a pass to the big art show in town.


Milan works for the artist/gallery that produces these paintings.

The artist and myself.  I asked why he uses western subjects...and in his Chinese (which I got about 70% of) he says that painting is a western form (the gist) and that he will start painting Asian models.  He wants me to model!  I'm IN!


Ok, THIS is cool.  Here's a close-up of the Mona Lisa...

....!!!!!


Xi Jinping and Peng Liyuan...no big deal, except why are they being painted by a Korean artist?


A classically American subject, but with Chinese faces.  I just don't ever picture Chinese construction workers being so nicely dressed.

That evening, I met up with Tina, a friend who was doing a tour of China with her family! 

No comments: