Friday, November 27, 2009

SYA Thanksgiving





Thanksgiving, the quintessential American holiday is something the students wanted to celebrate and share with their host families. Therefore, turkey, cranberry sauce and a load of desserts were consumed by one and all.






There was a prize to the family that brought the best turkey. This was the winner. I think some Italian mother has a sense of humor!






My advisee Penny B. of Texas made this amazing bread pudding. I was manning the dessert section of the table for awhile and forced it "Italian mother style" on the mother's themselves. A taste of their own medicine. They, however, loved it and took slices back to their husbands.






The prize for best/most original dessert goes to......






The Fabi family, who created the American flag cake as shown in the foreground.






Myself and Raffaele G. who is my language partner. I go over once a week or two and we talk English and Italian. He's an Italian Air Force mechanic and so he's a tough teacher. I don't get away with anything!

No comments: