Saturday, October 17, 2009

Montagna Palanzana





Mount Palanzana (really just a large hill) is what you see over the Eastern side of Viterbo. I put up a sign at school asking if any students wanted to join me for a hike today and six took me up on it.






After a morning sprinkle, the day turned out to be another gorgeous crisp fall day. The weather gods are on my side this year.






Clockwise from left: Myles H. of California, Tori H. of California, Avery P. of Connecticut/California, Caroline F. of California/Arkansas, Alana D. of Connecticut/New York and Zoe M. of New Mexico.






These were the blazes we followed to the top.






The top of the mountain was tree-covered so this is the view of Viterbo from Palanzana.






This hill town was in the far distance. I believe it is Montefiascone.






A guard dog from one of the "estates" we passed on our way up and down the mountain.






I guess they have Boy Scouts in Italy.

No comments: