Friday, December 16, 2005

How's this for a distribution?

So, I lied, there has to be one more posting about Christmas/Holiday cards. This one relates to the fact that I finished up my cards today (those of you receiving them will think I am a total geek, just you wait). As I was about to haul them to the blue box up the street, I got it into my brain ask where all these cards are going. So being the zip code guy that I am I counted out the following distribution:

These are the number of cards being sent to zip codes starting with

0 13 (Puerto Rico, New England and New Jersey)
1 9 (New York, Pennsylvania and Delaware)
2 3 (DC, Maryland, Virginia and the Carolinas)
3 1 (The Southeast)
4 3 (Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan and Indiana)
5 1 (The Upper Midwest, the Dakotas and Montana)
6 4 (Illinois, Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska)
7 0 (Louisiana, Arkansas, Texas and Oklahoma)
8 4 (The Rocky Mountain States, Arizona and Nevada)
9 36 (California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii and Alaska)
Intl 4 (Netherlands, Austria, South Korea, Canada)

The breakdown of 9's is as follows

Southern California (91, 92, 93) 5
Northern California (94, 95, 96) 19
Hawaii (96) 0
Oregon (97) 0
Washington (98, 99) 12
Alaska (99) 0

Doing this made me happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who is geekier? The geek who sends out a Christmas quiz, or the geek who actually tries to do it 20 years after her last geometry class? I'll be checking my answers sometime later this evening--too bad you don't teach statistics, I would have gotten a better score!