Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Art's Crab Shak

There is NOT a misspelling in the title of this post. Met college friend Hans for dinner tonight, it's been a while since we've gotten together. He and Teresa recently moved from Berkeley to the wild streets of Oakland. He and I walked four blocks to 40th and Broadway (a stones throw from the Oakland Kaiser Hospital in which I had my first surgery after my infamous accident) to eat at Art's Crab Shak. The place looks like it has been stuck in time since the 1960's. And truth be told, it has. The house specialty is garlic crab and it's amazingly good. Much of my enjoyment of the crab can probably be attributed to the inch thick pool of melted butter at the bottom of the plate that Hans and I shared. All you who live in the East Bay, it's well worth checking out. The Shak is at 4031 Broadway (at 40th). Tell them Ernie sent you.

No comments: