Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Olympics Slothfulness

I will fully admit that I wanted to resist laying on the couch for days at a time watching the Olympics. The desire was there to be active, do my own thing, to resist the magnetic pull of the music, but I have succumbed. AAGGGHHH, I can't HELP but watch. One saving grace, however, is that here in Seattle, with basic cable, we are able to get the Canadian coverage, which is much more complete and obviously less American focused. It is sad, however, to constantly hear the anchor go, "So, how did our Canadian athletes fair in (fill in your favorite sport here)" and have the reply be, "Well Anchor, I am sorry to report that our Canadian athlete in this event failed to make it out of the qualifying rounds, a real disappointment for that athlete". Further down the line, it is even much more tragic to hear "Well, it really looks like our Canadian federation really needs to take some serious evaluation of its training method and the state of athlete development in Canada."

Check out this site.... All I can say is, I LOVE THE INTERNET!!!

No comments: