Thursday, August 19, 2004

Golfing with your parents' friends

On Monday morning, Mom, Dad and I (me totally asleep in the back seat) took a mini-golfing trip to the Northwestern corner or Washington State. My Dad, you see, is an AVID golfer. Rabid might be the more appropriate word. He hits the driving range nearly everyday and plays in what seems like more leagues than I can keep track of. It drives him a bit batty that I can pick up the game three or four times a year, not practice a lick, and still beat him pretty handily. It's been like this since I've been in high school. Things held true to form this week.

My Dad's friends all are turned on to golf and now they organize these excursions to play different courses across the Pacific Northwest. Our course on Monday was called Homestead something or other. Here's a picture of the group of golfers that played...





Golfers before the round starts


After the round, all of us drove across the Canadian border to eat Chinese food in British Columbia because, as EVERYONE knows, the Chinese food in Canada is infinitely better than what we can find here in the United States. You want to see Asian people get a bit rowdy? Here you go...





Imbibing gets things going


The next day, we all went to a different course, this one called the Shuksan Golf Club.





Dad makes the blog






The aforementioned Mt. Shuksan


So Dad and I played to a tie for the first six holes of the back nine. At this point, Dad was getting pretty excited at the prospect of beating me (at least for the back nine). All I knew I had to do was play my game and eventually Dad would choke. And wouldn't you know it, BOOYAH, Dad goes into a tailspin and I take the back nine 44 to 45. I played very well on Tuesday, shooting an 86 to beat all golfers.

No comments: