Wednesday, April 02, 2003

So yesterday Dean and I went to see "Far From Heaven" at the Metro. It came so highly regarded and so just like every other movie I've seen in such fashion, I was not "blown away". Nice to get out of the house, though.

Finished Harry Potter #2 this morning. Then went swimming, where I can do my one-third of a mile, pretty quickly now. I think I need to increase the amount I swim. Walking goes well and I am starting to move into the shallow end. By the way, the one lifeguard who's name I don't know is named Steve. Ok, that has to be committed to memory.

I watched "A Streetcar Named Desire" this afternoon. Another Tennessee Williams play made into a movie. I liked "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" better. The story was much more to my liking and the whole father/son issue much closer to my experience than having a psycho-woman in the house. But Paul Newman and Marlon Brando....all good. But man, what happened to Brando in the time from Streetcar to Godfather. Hmmm, about 100 pounds.

Tutored a new kid today, in Calculus. I haven't done that stuff in ages, but I pulled it out of the hat just fine. And I JUST got another referral for a 9th grader in Algebra. This is getting kind of out of control. I have one a day until this Saturday. Things are getting mighty busy. It's a good thing.

No comments: