Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Bryce Canyon

On our way out driving east out of Zion through the Zion-Mt. Carmel tunnel, we did one last small hike to Observation Point.  The trail had this really cool section where we hiked underneath the rocks.


The view from Observation Point!





The famed Checkerboard Mesa is the final stop on the eastern boundary of Zion National Park.

An hour and a half later, we arrived at Bryce Canyon National Park.


The Hoodoos and Fins inside the Bryce Amphitheater



We got to Bryce Point and decided, kind of spontaneously, to hike down into the canyon.  We eventually hiked on that trail.



It was neat actually to be looking UP at the hoodoos.

The Wall of Windows in the background




We decided to try and catch the sunset while in the park, so we drove all the way to the southern end of the park.  This was one of my favorite moments of the trip.  Here at Yovimpa Point, we had it all to ourselves.  The silence....was so loud.  It almost hurt.  I realized how rarely we ever experience COMPLETE silence.



Sunset at Rainbow Point.  I do notice that people spend more time taking photos that actually experiencing and looking at the view.  I am trying my best to minimize the number of pictures I take and to really be present in the moment and place.


Look at that SQUAT.  I wish I had that flexibility!



An end to a great day!!!

No comments: