Thursday, September 17, 2015

Slate's Political Gabfest Comes to San Francisco

Somehow when I was in China, right after I got my iPhone, I stumbled across my first podcast and the one that I remember making an impression on me was Slate's Political Gabfest. So, when I heard they were coming to San Francisco, I snapped up a couple tickets.


I took Onions and to his credit, he kept up with most of it but then got a bit bored.

Face The Nation's and Slate's Political Correspondent, John Dickerson, had us give a greeting to his kids.

BONUS!  Roman Mars of 99% Invisible was the emcee.

So what is the Gabfest?  It's just three people (Dickerson, Emily Bazelon and David Plotz) sit around talking about current events.  This evening's topics were the upcoming second Republican candidates debate and the impending government shutdown.  Listening to the podcast when I was in China was one of the main ways I kept informed on what was going on in the US.  This was one of the reasons I moved back to SF, the fact that I the big city would attract such events that I could walk to.

No comments: