Monday, April 06, 2015

Bridge Under Construction in Dalian

Tomb-sweeping holiday occurs the first weekend in April.  It's a time to pay respects to the deceased.  Onions headed down to see his family so I had a free weekend.  I decided to hop a quick and cheap flight to the tip of the Liaodong Peninsula to visit Dalian, known to have a very nice coastline and beaches!

Nice beaches....for northern China, but also too cold and windy to have quality beachtime!  However, it was nice just to be outside with clean air to breathe.

I started walking along the beach and the coastal road and saw this bridge under construction!  I became fascinated and the rest of the pictures of this post will be of this partially constructed bridge.








Speaking to the taxi driver I had on the way to the airport, he told me that this bridge is about two years into construction.  I wonder how long it actually it has been since conception and through the design process. 

Who says the world no longer has grand castle like architecture!  It's here in China.  The real reason I came to Dalian was to visit the historical city of 旅顺 just south of Dalian.

No comments: