Tuesday, September 23, 2014

China Aidswalk 2014

2014 China Aidswalk!

My friend Colin.....the view and understanding of Aids is about the same as where the United States was 25 years ago.  There is so little understanding and mostly fear.

There were about 150 walkers, about half were Chinese nationals.  We were supposed to walk along the newly renovated Simitai section of the wall, but due to "political reasons" we were rerouted to Mutianyu.



I invited Colin and my former colleague Barbara and her husband Guang.

But it was fantastic that I met other friends from my Beijing life at the walk.  Here's my friend Masha.

Guang and myself.

Guang and Barbara

Unexpectedly, my friend Sean (in black at right) was there!

Second from the left, Fernando who lives right near me.  And Karina in the back.


And if I couldn't have felt more connected in Beijing, we ran into Anny and David at the wall and they weren't even participating in the walk. 

No comments: