Monday, January 06, 2014

Halong Bay Part 1

Two weeks for Christmas & New Years Holiday so I decided to head to Vietnam and Thailand.  First stop, Ha Long Bay.  Three nights and two days aboard the Treasure Junk!


Perfect weather and I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.



On both days, we spent time kayaking.



The facilities were way nicer than I expected.  Since I was traveling solo, I was seated by myself, but was adopted by another group!



At night, squid fishing.  I dropped my hook in nonchalantly and after 5 minutes, had a squid on the hook. Here it is releasing it's ink! 


Morning sunrise from my room!


Beach ahead!


I've now swam in the Gulf of Tonkin



I wanted to drive the ship.....and they let me!

This boat is loaded with fresh water to resupply the boats as they return passengers and pick up new ones in Ha Long City.



No comments: